1 ... 4 5 [6] Archiv / MLD 4.x / Raspberry PI / Some questions on MLD on pi (From non German speaker!)

Offline Linus

• View Profile
Some questions on MLD on pi (From non German speaker!)
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2015, 11:50:34 »
I have upgraded to the 5.0 and i always have the same problem.

When i change fast the channel (like 3/4 up channel) it crash.

THe pi is freezed has i could not connect to it by remote.

I have got a 1.2A power supply and it was ok before. I have got nothing on the pi except the USB tuner and the IR for the keyboard so it's normally not be related to the power supply.

Is it possible on vdr not change the channel until 1/2s after validate?

If i put up, it imediatly try to sinc the next channel, if i put 3 time up, it will try 3 time to sync channel whereas it should only try to sync the 3 after 1/2s remaned on the same channel?

EDIT: the problem seems to appear when i have got no signal or when i change to fast. I don t know.

EDIT : so here is what happen:
If i change fast the channels, sometime it "freeze" or something like that. It could be related to "no signal", it's not sure.
When he freeze, i lost the "network" interface, i could not control it by web. Nothing answer.
Sometime the "VDR" interface stop freeze and go back.
I do not have web control, and no channels works after that. (he lost the USB TNT too)
It's like a power Supply pb.

I could turn it off sometimes, other time nothing answer.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 15:08:42 by Linus »

Online clausmuus

• Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • ClausMuus.de
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2015, 10:00:32 »
Yes, that's it.

There are no more problems than with v4.

Claus
MLD 5.5 - Raspberry PI - 7" Touch TFT - Squeeze Play
MLD 5.5 - lirc yaUsbIR - OctopusNet - XFX GeForce 9300 mit Intel E3200 - 2GB RAM - 12TB HDD - Lian Li PC-C37B - Samsung LE40A559

Offline Linus

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2015, 14:12:33 »
I have tested with the V5 and the problem was the same??

Did you upgrade it recently?
When i post my previous message, i was on v5.X.

I will test it again.

The problem i report, was the same with V4 and V5 on a pi2. I did not test again on my B+ to see if it was the same.

As i said, to have it i just change fast the channel (channel up or channeld down), then sometimes it freeze, and nothing answer, i lost network + usb.
After that it will never find the TNT, and the network would never work. Sometimes the pi is totaly freezed, sometime vdr works again and i could turn the pi off.

Did you know something about this problem?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 14:16:06 by Linus »

Online clausmuus

• Administrator
  • Expert Member
    • View Profile
    • ClausMuus.de
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2015, 16:02:12 »
Hi,

excuse me. Until my last answer, I have not seen your last question, since it was on a new page ;)
And my Yes-answer should say: Yes, the v5 has the new firmware...

OK, about your last question: Since the whole RPI freezed until fast channel switching, I think that's maybe a problem with your dvb stick, or with the driver for the stick. It's also possible, that's an issue with your power supply, since the dvb stick and the RPI needs more power until fast channel switching.

Claus
MLD 5.5 - Raspberry PI - 7" Touch TFT - Squeeze Play
MLD 5.5 - lirc yaUsbIR - OctopusNet - XFX GeForce 9300 mit Intel E3200 - 2GB RAM - 12TB HDD - Lian Li PC-C37B - Samsung LE40A559

Offline Linus

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2015, 16:57:55 »
I have tested with an other tuner, the previous i was using with my B+ and where all was ok ==> nothing change.
I have tested with a hub USB with 2A as power supply ==> same problem.

I will test with the B+, but with the B+, with this tuner, and with this power supply, with more usb divice, everything was ok.

1 ... 4 5 [6] Archiv / MLD 4.x / Raspberry PI / Some questions on MLD on pi (From non German speaker!)

Users Online Users Online